Friday, December 14, 2012

Fear and Worry and Facebook

December 21st is the end of the world. For approximately 153,000 people that will be the case. That is the daily average of the number of people that die around the world. Just today there were 28 people in Newtown, Connecticut whose world ended. Twenty of them were little children. Contrary to popular or sentimental belief, they didn't become angels. They just left their physical bodies and were given spiritual ones. All 20 children got to meet Jesus face to face and are filled with joy. Any fear they may have had on this earth, especially in the last moments of their life is now gone. They are now surrounded with peace, joy and love. We are surrounded by fear and worry. We fear for our safety in our homes so we lock the doors. We fear strangers so we don't talk to them. It is even difficult to get a hello out of people when you pass on the street. We worry about our jobs, the economy, our retirement. I think it's safe to say the one thing we don't worry about is what happens when our "world ends". It it's so far off in the future or only other people die unexpectedly. Most people think everything will be fine and/or maybe they can make a deal with God if they weren't good enough. Others believe they will die and poof, that will be that. Then there's the group that just don't care and think they will just go hang out with there friends in hell. At least they won't be alone is their line of reasoning. I fear and worry. I know I shouldn't and I know I don't need to because God is my provider. But still I do. I worry about my job. I worry about my health. I worry about finances that I know nothing about. I worry about if am I doing what God wants me to do while I am here on earth. Did I keep silent when I should have spoken up? Did I give the correct answer? Am I the example I am supposed to be to the people I come in contact with at work, in public, at home? When my world ends will God say to me, well done my good and faithful servant? As someone who believes that Jesus died for me on the cross and that I am supposed to let others know that He died for them as well, I have a difficult time telling them so. I fear rejection. I fear failure. Fear is from Satan and I know it. If I tell someone about salvation then I didn't fail. If they reject what I say, they aren't rejecting me. They are rejecting Jesus. Yet I fear. When I first started writing Blog blog blog blah freak'n blog it was just supposed to be random stuff that I thought about. It didn't take long and it turned to serious things I spend my time thinking about. I'm a fun love'n guy on the outside but my mind spends a lot of time thinking or is it worrying about what I feel are serious things. This morning as I was heading to Kamas with the dogs I was worrying about the "am I doing and saying what I am supposed to" part of my life. I actually prayed that God would give me something worth posting on facebook that would be of benefit and impact someones life in a good way. Not knowing that in just 3 and 1/2 hours I would be listening to the news about the shooting in Connecticut. God answered my prayer. He gave me some verses and some thoughts to go with them. I posted them and was encouraged to see that a few people even liked the post. When I went over to my neighbors to play pool, he told me that he had seen the post as well. I keep my facebook settings on public so that if there is anything that will impact someones life in a positive way it can be seen and shared. Thanks to facebook and this blog I can share with people without fear or worry. I do hope that soon I can talk to people face to face as well and be very comfortable while doing so. It's hard to believe that this blog has had over 170 visits since I started it and who knows how many people have checked out my facebook page. Hopefully there is at least 170 lives I have had a positive impact on and have helped someone to stop and think about the end of their world before that day actually arrives for them. I pray that I will learn to give my worry and fear to Jesus and just be at peace knowing that with Him all things are possible and that no matter what, all my needs will be met. Maybe not all my wants but definitely all my needs. He is the comforter and provider. May God bless and comfort everyone that has been affected by the Connecticut shootings. From the students, to the families, to the first responders and all of us who have only heard about it but are still saddened by what has happened. Be blessed and be a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I know that you make more of an impact than you think you are making.

    ReplyDelete